How To Use Airprint
Printing From Your iPad
When iOS 4 arrived so did Airprint, a way to print wirelessly and effortlessly in a few taps of your iPads screen. If you have a compatible wireless printer then let us show you how to print you fave pics in no time.
1. Make sure you have updated to iOS 4 or greater (lower iOS does not incorporate Airprint).
2. Make sure both your iPad and compatible wireless enabled printer are connected to the same wireless network (this can be checked in the settings screen).
3. To print from your Safari browser press the reply button found in the top taskbar, a drop down menu should appear, select print and that should take you to the next set of options. Although more and more apps are incorporating printing options finding the option might differ. Usually you can print through the share button.
4. The next pop-up that appears will give you a list of printers available to print from. Also in this box is a printer options tab, press this and you will be given extra options such as copies, double sided printing etc, but this will depend on the printer been used.
5. Next press print and voila, your document will wirelessly be sent to your printer which in turn will print your document.
6. Your print status box will dissapear, allowing you to continue with using your iPad but if for any reason you want to see the staus of the printing press the home key twice, this will bring up the multitask bar at the bottom of the screen where you will see the print center icon on the left hand side. Tap on this and this will give you info on the status of your printing, including pages printed, copies etc.
7. To cancel a print simply press the Cancel printing tab at the bottom of the status bar.The big red button!