Web Browsing On Your iPad
Browsing the web on the iPad is a great way to browse the web. Using the mobile version of Safari (the web browsing application) is the same as the iPhone and iPod. There are other browsers you can use such as Atomic Web Browser but for now we will stay with the default and preferred browser used on iPad, Safari.
To get started with Safari:
1. Connect to the internet through either your wi-fi or 3g connection
2. Tap the Safari icon on the iPads at the bottom of the homescreen
3. You will now be presented with your browsers homepage, a homepage is the first page that appears when you first open the Safari application and also a page that can be quicky returned to by pressing the home icon
4. To expand the view of the web page you are browsing then simply place 2 fingers on the iPad screen and swipe your fingers away from each other as shown below
5. To scroll the page simply flick your finger in the desired direction on the screen
Meet The Status Bar
The status bar is the main hub on your Safari browser. Here is the low down of what each icon means.
1. Page Forward/Backward: This will help you navigate to previous pages viewed and back again.
2. Multiple Pages: Shows how many other pages you have open. Pressing this icon will list the pages and simply clicking the desired page will open that page on your browser.
3. Bookmarks: To select a previously saved website page or to view the History of previous browsing, simply tap the Bookmark icon and a drop down menu shall appear, select History to view previously unsaved websites or a Bookmarked website with the book symbol next to it.
4. Add Bookmarks: If your wanting to save a web page or website (one you frequently visit) then simply press this icon. This will then show a drop down menu, simply tap the ‘Add Bookmark’ tab. You will be given the choice to rename the bookmark to your desired title. Also in the drop down menu is ‘Add To Home screen’ which allows you to add links to your iPad home screen, ‘Mail Link To This Page’ allows you to email a link to the page you are currently viewing and ‘Print’ which allows you to print the web page been viewed.
5. URL Entry: This is the area which you place the website address you wish to view e.g. simpleipadtutorials.com
6. Refresh: If you want to update the viewd webpage then simply click on this icon
7. Search: Allows you to search Google to produce results of any keywords typed in this box