Setting Up a POP3 or IMAP E-mail Account
You can also set up most e-mail accounts, such as those from Windows Live and other major email providers simply by obtaining the host name from the provider. To set up an existing email account other than a Gmail account, Yahoo!, or AOL account , you may need to enter the account settings yourself.
Follow these steps to set up an IMAP or POP3 account:
- First, tap the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- In Settings, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then tap Add Account.
- In the next screen tap Other shown below.
- A screen will now appear with “Add Mail Account”. Select this option
- Now a form will appear on the screen, simply enter your name, the account Address, Password, and Description and press Next. iPad will now verify your account and will then return you to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars page with the details of your new email account displayed. In some cases your iPad will add the outgoing mail server information for you, but if it doesn’t, press SMTP and enter this information (this can be found by going to your email provider and searching for SMTP settings).
- To make sure the Account field is set to On, under Settings tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap the account. In the box that appears, press the On/Off button, and then press Done to save the setting. You can now access the account through Mail.